- WATER PROOFING PRODUCTS
- INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS
- WATERPROOFING EQUIPMENT
An expansion joint or movement joint is an assembly designed to hold parts together while safely absorbing temperature-induced expansion and contraction of building materials, and vibration, or to allow movement due to ground settlement or seismic activity.The expansion joint bisects all of the building elements including the structural slab, membrane, and wear course (bricks). Sealing this type of joint requires a specialized system.
Expansion Joint in Concrete
Concrete is not an elastic substance, and therefore it does not bend or stretch without failure. However, concrete moves during expansion and shrinkage, due to which the structural elements shift slightly.
To prevent harmful effects due to concrete movement, several expansion joints are incorporated in concrete construction, including foundations, walls, roof expansion joints, and paving slabs.
These joints need to be carefully designed, located, and installed. If a slab is positioned continuously on surfaces exceeding one face, an expansion joint will be necessary to reduce stresses. Concrete sealer may be used for the filling of gaps produced by cracks.
Characteristics of Expansion Joint
- Expansion joints permits thermal contraction and expansion without inducing stresses into the elements.
- An expansion joint is designed to absorb safely the expansion and contraction of several construction materials, absorb vibrations, and permit soil movements due to earthquakes or ground settlement.
- The expansion joints are normally located between sections of bridges, paving slabs, railway tracks, and piping systems.
- The expansion joints are incorporated to endure the stresses.
- An expansion joint is simply a disconnection between segments of the same materials.
- In the concrete block construction, the expansion joints are expressed as control joints.
Our team will do all your projects on time with at most finish. You can be safe and certain about work with Cemcure Waterproofing Services
You can always lean onto Cemcure Waterproofing. Our team of professionals will help you to solve any kind of leakages in your premises.
All work completed by Cemcure Waterproofing Works carries a warranty up to 10 years (as applicable).